Monday, April 30, 2012

Gorgeous Glasses Day!

So, this year in my class, I have several students who have recently had to get glasses.  They are not all thrilled about it despite the fact that their glasses look awesome!  So I thought lets have gorgeous glasses day when the whole class can celebrate these students by wearing fake glasses.  Then the next day only the 'cool' kids can keep wearing their gorgeous glasses.  When I announced that Monday would be gorgeous glasses day my students with glasses were thrilled because they already had glasses.  The rest of the class had to figure out where to get some or how to make some.  It ended up working out well.  Some of the kids took the lenses out of an old pair of sunglasses while others had some dress up pretend glasses. 

We had so much fun showing off our glasses and celebrating the students with glasses in our class.  Plus, it was good for all of us to see what it is like for these students to wear glasses all day.  I hope it helped create empathy and exceptance among my students.  And I think that my students with glasses are more confident and comfortable now. 

Mrs. Barcavage

No comments:

Post a Comment